Boundary Waters Brownie & A Versatile Blogger Award!
The Boundary Waters in Northern Minnesota, and Sawbill in particular, are very special places for Ryan and his family. Up until the past few years, Ryan had gone there every summer of his life. I’ve had the pleasure of joining him on several trips, including one where he proposed to me. We also spent part of our honeymoon there.
While my brownie got to go on this trip, sadly, I did not. Ryan had a much needed getaway with his Dad, brother and a dear family friend. Maybe I should have covered myself in chocolate and sealed myself in a bag so I could have gone along too. On second thought…
In other news, I was recently honored by Sherry of Exploits Of A Vegan Wannabe with “The Versatile Blogger Award”! Have you seen her ridiculously cute dog, Chloe?! Insane. I think she’d make a good girlfriend for Omar.
In receiving this award I’m asked to…
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Give this award out to other bloggers that you think are fabulous, interesting and deserving.
- Contact each of the bloggers you chose.
Many, many thanks to Sherry for recognizing C’est La Vegan!!! I’m so happy to know that my blog has been inspiring enough for her that she’d think of me for this. It really is a labor of love, and knowing that there are people out there who appreciate it means a lot.
Seven things about me, huh? Let’s see…
1. I’m not actually Irish, despite my red hair. (But I’m Irish at heart, and I think somewhere back in time some Celt moved to Prague and started my family line.)
2. I performed improvisational comedy for about ten years, and still occasionally do it when I’m not too busy in the kitchen.
3. Before becoming a vegan I didn’t really know how to cook.
4. I miss Chicago and London lots. And I miss Manhattan a lot too, mainly because my dear friend Miss Valle is there.
5. I was an English major and met my husband when our class was discussing the poem “The Eve of St. Agnes”. We were also in the same Hemingway class, then traveled to Paris together* and the rest was history.
6. My favorite band is The Misfits (with Glenn Danzig, not after please), but my first music love was The Beatles records my Dad used to play for me. I also have a special place in my heart for Guns N’ Roses. And Metallica. And Megadeth. And Anthrax. I could go on… Seriously. I was a metal head.
7. I’m a mini version of my 5’10″ sister. And she “lovingly” refers to me as her “Mini Me” and points out my small hands to anyone in the vicinity. It’s cute. And by cute, I mean “cute”.
*it’s a long story…
I’m so excited to be able to pass on the love to other blogs that I think rule. Here’s my list of great blogs by some of my favorite people, in no particular order. It’s not the (I think) required 15, and I know I’m forgetting some. I’ll come back and add them once my brain is working again.
Veganize It, Don’t Criticize It – Amazing, amazing gourmet vegan recipes. I want her to go on Top Chef and beat the pants off those “protein” cookers.
Your Vegan Mom – Great tips, great recipes and some honest to goodness vegan mom-ness
Swell Vegan – A total feast for the eyes – gorgeous photos of even more gorgeous food
Hugger Food – One of the sweetest bloggers on the whole internets with great info about products, restaurants and lots more
La Mom Verte – My good friend’s new blog about being a green mom. She’s very honest about her experiences, and it’s really informative.
Have Cake, Will Travel – Great food presented by the adorable Celine. As one of my blog’s earliest supporters, she’ll always have a special place in my heart!
Cute and Delicious – Like the lady says – super cute and super delicious looking foods and crafts.